Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Isn't Literature (Tag Students)

+4
Devlin Nightshade
Ariellia Von Claret
Belle Riptide
Anya Simmons
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Twilight Isn't Literature (Tag Students) - Page 3 Empty Re: Twilight Isn't Literature (Tag Students)

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Flynn felt Chel poke his back and turned his head to speak to her. "Intrusive?" he chuckled at her apology. "I thought I was the intrusive one?" he whispered quietly, "after all, I know everything about everyone... so it's only fair to tell you about me" he shrugged his shoulders lightly and grinned at her. "Don't worry about it" he smiled before going back to fiddling with the pencil. He twirled it quickly in between his fingers and looked at the desk in front of him.

Back to top Go down

Twilight Isn't Literature (Tag Students) - Page 3 Empty Re: Twilight Isn't Literature (Tag Students)

Post  Chel Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Chel looked up at him and shrugged "Yea...but it's not like you wanted to know." She rolled her eyes with a small grin before sighing. "If you didn't want to though...you didn't have to." She smiled a little and moved to sit on her chair properly "It's not your fault you are a stalker." She grinned a bit and glanced around the room. She slightly rubbed her legs as she glanced at the clock with a pout wondering when class would be over. "Wait...are you new here?" She asked as she leaned on her desk. "And..in case your wondering why I ask...I just want to know." She shrugged with a small chuckle.
Chel
Chel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:32 am

Flynn shrugged his shoulders and then playfully rolled his eyes at her, "uh huh" he smirked and crossed his arms. "No, I'm not new. I've been here for a few years... but I come and go... you know, angel business" he gestured to the ceiling and chuckled. "I find that the longer I stay here, the more chance the angels will find me" he shrugged. "So in the holidays I usually go traveling to different countries... it's complicated" he chuckled.

Back to top Go down

Post  Anya Simmons Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Anya laughed a little at Flynn's answer. "Sort of, although the bolts and things like that are more associated with the 30s film rather than the book. As you read the book, you'll see how much Hollywood as shaped our image of this story." When Belle spoke, she smiled warmly. Now there was a girl who seemed to appreciate literature. Hopefully, she would help keep the class on track. "Yes, good, Belle," she said, smiling. "It's tale of a man who decides to play God, and the consequences of that. Of course, it's about the Creature as much as it's about Frankenstein, and as we read, you'll get to decide for yourself whether one was better than the other, or if both were at fault for what happens. I can't give away too much though. Spoilers." She grinned. "Now, does anyone know anything about the author, Mary Shelley? She's quite an interesting lady herself."
Anya Simmons
Anya Simmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Once agaion, Belle's hand shot in the air. She was confident in her abilities in English if anything. That and this new student - Flynn, what she heard was his name - was adding to her excitement. "Shelley was married to the Romantic poet Percy Bryshe Shelley. She published his works as well as her own. Sort of a partnership between the two of them."
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 am

Flynn couldn't stop the smirk that appeared on his face as Belle's hand shot up once again. He sat up and nodded up at the teacher after Belle finished, "and her husband drowned along with a few others in... 1822, if I remember correctly?" his memory was a little fuzzy, since he knew everyone's pasts, it was hard to recall some without getting it mixed up with others. "So then the last decade of her life was her dealing with her brain tumour which killed her at age 53" he crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am

Flynn's continuation of Shelley's history made her smile. There was a bit of a confusion, but she didn't want to correct him; after all, he had just walked in. She looked up at Anya, hoping the professor would say something after both of them had said a piece.
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Anya Simmons Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Anya nodded at Belle. "Yes, that's right. I'm assuming you're a fan of Mary Shelley, am I right? Which I think is marvelous, by the way. Seems like so few appreciate her work these days." At least one student found this interesting. She nodded in response to Flynn's input as well. "Yes, very tragic, if you think about. Her whole relationship with Percy was a bit like a soap opera. When they met, he was already married and they had to meet in secret, which I'm sure more than a few teenagers can relate to." Teenagers still sneaked out to meet with lovers, right? Anya figured they did. Forbidden romances were always a hot thing. "Does anyone know the story of how Mary Shelley came up with the story of Frankenstein?" Anya was eager to see how much her students knew.
Anya Simmons
Anya Simmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am

Belle raised her hand. "She had a dream of a scientist creating something...monstrous." Belle always was sympathetic towards the creature, and often refused to call it "monster", seeing as he earned the title because people treated him as such.
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Bello Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Jasmine had to smile at Belle. She could tell that the girl was enjoying herself, which she could relate to. Jasmine herself always enjoyed shining in the spotlight. Of course, the only time she did that was usually doing shapeshifting class, which she hoped she would get to soon. "It came to her in a dream?" she asked. "Sounds like Stephanie Meyer all over again." Technically, of course, Mary Shelley was way before Stephanie Meyer, but that was the first thing that came into Jasmine's mind.
Jasmine Bello
Jasmine Bello
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Anya Simmons Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Anya had to sigh at the mention of Stephanie Meyer. Would the supernatural world ever get over the abomination that was Twilight? "Don't get any high hopes of discussing that book in this class," she said. "The only thing it's good for is fire kindling. Or as a nice place to put a coffee mug." She nodded again at Belle. "Right again. Mary was with some friends and everyone was challenge to write a scary story. Mary's came to her in a dream, and that was the start of Frankenstein." She glanced at the clock. "Oh my, we seem to be running out of time," she said. "Alright, for homework, I want you to read the first five chapters and be ready to discuss them in class next time. Feel free to write down anything you've noticed or any questions you have."
Anya Simmons
Anya Simmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Belle scowled at the mention of Twilight. That story wasn't literature; that was a story telling to dimwitted humans, or as Anya had said, for fire kindling. Her anger turned to delight as her comment was correct. She wrote the assignment down in her planner before waving to her friends and approached Anya to thank her for the lecture. "Thank you for not teaching us garbage like that Meyer woman wrote."
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Flynn breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god. English definitely wasn't his best nor his favourite subject. He smiled at Anya before quickly writing his homework on his hand, since he didn't have his planner. He stood up and glanced at the others before walking out of the classroom and towards his next lesson.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Bello Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, that wasn't so bad. Maybe this class would be a bit enjoyable this year. Of course, having a friend who was a total English whiz wouldn't be too bad of a thing either. No doubt Jasmine would have to ask Belle for help at least once. Books were enjoyable and all, but sometimes getting through all those words at once made her head spin. She always preferred to get to the point rather than sift through paragraphs of description. Brushing her hair out of her face, she gathered her stuff and headed out the door.
Jasmine Bello
Jasmine Bello
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3