Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research (Tag: Anyone)

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Research (Tag: Anyone) Empty Research (Tag: Anyone)

Post  Vlad Draculea Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 am

Vlad walked into the library, heading for the history section. The Count had something very pressing on his mind. He was hoping to learn more about the subject of his research. Especially if it meant the school would be safer. With hunters threatening them, whatever information he could get would be valuable. Of course, it wouldn't hurt if he had someone to help him look.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Research (Tag: Anyone) Empty Re: Research (Tag: Anyone)

Post  Shanti Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 pm

((Hi! Very Happy ))

Shanti was standing in the library, she was reading a book of medieval History of Italy, those things were really interestings and she wanted to know something more about that country.
Obviously she was also keeping an eye open at what was happening around her, nobody had to see her in the library! Just to keep her reputation clean.
Shanti
Shanti

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Vlad was having a bit of trouble finding what he was looking for. It amazed him that his subject had so little information about it. He started to wonder if he needed to ask someone to help him out.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanti Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Shanti raised her look as she heard someone coming closer to where she was, she immediately closed her book and put it again in the shelf. She started to pass with her finger the back of the books keeping an eye on the man that entered in that section.
Shanti
Shanti

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Vlad was so busy checking books that he almost missed the young girl in the same section. No doubt, he would've accidentally run into her if he didn't see her out of the corner of his eye. It was a good thing he hadn't.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware anyone else would be in this section. I'm looking for information on something that might be crucial to the school's safety." Vlad explained. At first, he didn't know why he was telling this to a student he'd just met. His mind just seemed to be all over the place.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 pm

((Sorry bout the late reply, family then hanging with friends))

Alidia was looking around trying to find books that her father would be proud of. Then she found one that looked promising. The Book of Protection Being a Collection of Charms By Sir Hermann Gollancz and then when Alidia walked towards her dad, she saw Shanti. "Heyy Shanti, I see youve met my dad and dad, Ive see that youve met Shanti one of my best friends that I see as a sister. Oh here." Alidia handed the book to her dad " I found this, hopefully its useful."
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 pm

(It's okay, I understand.)

"Ah Alidia, thank you. I didn't know you two had met." Vlad commented as he took the offered book from her. Legendary and Mythical Races was the title. If he couldn't find what he was looking for in here, he probably couldn't find it at all.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 am

Alidia looked at her dad with concern. "What book are you looking for? I could help with my magic?"
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am

"I'm looking for anything about creatures or beings of Arabic folklore. I want to do some research on one of them. They're called Muktars." Vlad explained, checking the table of contents in the book he was holding as he spoke.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 am

Alidia was troubled by that but she was determined to help her dad so she looked at all the shelves and whistled for her broom. When it came she jumped on it and began searching.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 am

Vlad looked up at the sound of a whistle. He watched as a broom came to Alidia, most likely summoned to her. Hopefully, the chances of learning something were greater with the two of them looking.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 am

Alidia was looking high and low for these books. She was covering the highest shelves. Her broom was supporting her as she stand on the thin wooden part. Trying not to fall.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am

Vlad found a section in his book on Arabian legends. Now, if only he could find the race of people he was looking for in it. By some lucky chance, he found a mention of them and turned to the page about it.
"Alidia, I think I found something." he called up to her.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 am

Alidia heard her dad when he said he found something. She swooped down and got off her broom. She snapped her fingers and made it disappear. She walked towards her dad, "What did you find?" She asked as she walked to him.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 am

"Nothing that I don't already know. It says here that Muktars are a race of people in Arabian legend, known for their skills as fighting experts and trackers. They can smell magic, which gives them an advantage if they're tracking magical folk or those who use magic. They started disappearing a long time ago, though no one knows why, and they are thought to have died out." Vlad answered reading off the first paragraph.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Alidia was worried. "Dad, I hope my shield holds up." Alidia started to shake.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Her comment made Vlad curious. Did Alidia think something bad was going to happen? Maybe it was best for him to tell her the reason he was researching this.
"I'm sure that won't be a problem for us, Alidia. You see, I heard the wind whisper to me that a new student would be coming, one who would help defend the school from the threat we are currently facing. I didn't get a name, but I did hear that this person would be a young Muktar. I'm certain this is a good thing, but I don't know very much about this race of beings. That's the reason for my research. I'm trying to figure out what kind of person we would be taking on as a student." Vlad explined to her.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Alidia just nodded. "Okay dad," Alidia said but she was still shaking cause of the hunters, even though she didn't see them at the dance she wanted to kick their ass for hurting her sister Ariel.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

"I'm hoping that we can learn something here. Like the book states, these beings disappeared for some unknown reason and many believe them to be extinct. But the wind never lies about the these things, so there must be one still out there. And he's coming here." Vlad went on, turning back to the book.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Alidia nodded as she walked through the rows.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm

"I only wish I had more to go on. It seems that very few authors of these books know much about Muktars, at least the ones not of Arabian descent. Do you see any other books that might be of help?" Vlad asked her.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Alidia nodded. "I agree. And i'll keep looking."
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 pm

"That would be a great help." Vlad told her. He was about to close the book and look elsewhere. But as he turned the page, he read something that left him shocked.
"What?!" he exclaimed.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 pm

When Alidia was gone for a few seconds she heard her dad and she jumped. And she sped to him. "Whats up?"
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 pm

"It...says that they used to hunt and kill genies. Muktars were natural genie exterminators." Vlad paraphrased what he found. For a minute, he stared straight ahead.
"I guess now we know why genies are so uncommon. There's an illustration of a Muktar of page 394." Vlad began turning the pages quickly to find it.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum