Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting Up For Class (Tag Students)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Setting Up For Class (Tag Students) Empty Setting Up For Class (Tag Students)

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Tulio's stomach was a bundle of nervousness and excitement when he brought all his stuff into the science classroom. Sure, he was excited about finally getting a chance to do some good and be around people that wouldn't judge him, but he was still a bit scared to death of it all. New situations tended to make him feel that way, and this was definitely new to him. Actually talking to people to extended lengths of time, having kids look up to him and hang on his every word, it was a bit overwhelming. But, if there was one thing Tulio had gotten good at, it was plunging through situations that frightened him. He had dealt with scary things all his life, he was sure this would be just one more hurdle he would get over. He ran a hand through his hair as he looked around. The class was a bit barren, save for the shelves, teacher's desk, and the long rows of tables were the students sat. There were a couple of boxes in the corner filled with science textbooks. He sighed. Might as well set this place up, he thought. He heaved one of the boxes and started shelving textbooks, one by one.

Last edited by Tulio Medina on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Setting Up For Class (Tag Students) Empty Re: Setting Up For Class (Tag Students)

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Heading towards the science classroom with a look of annoyance and boredom, it was safe to say science was definitely not Esmeraldas most favoured subject. In fact, she barely understood anything science related. But one had to learn and what better way to learn and get off to a good start than to arrive to class a bit early? Entering the class with a few books in her arms, she glanced at the teacher, who surprised her. He looked rather young for a teacher. He also looked tired and worn down, but she assumed it was stress or something. She took a seat quietly as he stacked text books onto the shelves. He had a nervous aura about him. She wondered if this was his first teaching job. She leaned back on her seat, slightly slouching and tapped her hands on her stomach before lightly flicking her fingers, making small flames appear on the tips of her fingers. She then extinguished them by clenching her hand. She repeated this as she waited for more students to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Setting Up For Class (Tag Students) Empty Re: Setting Up For Class (Tag Students)

Post  Ariellia Von Claret Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Walking in the class room she wondered if they had already started as she dragged Jim inside "stop being a baby." she comment giggling at how stubborn he was being this morning "Awe someone need their daily feeding." she said winking at him before taking a seat next to esme.
Ariellia Von Claret
Ariellia Von Claret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Tulio didn't even hear Esmeralda come in through the door, so when he turned around and suddenly saw her in one of the desks, he gave a little gasp and ended up tripping over his feet for a moment. Luckily, he managed to regain his balance, even though he knew he would be blushing if he were still alive. "Jeez, you scared me," he said before clearing his throat and standing up a bit straighter. Good thing he did, for two more students entered. No need to lose his head in front of more people than he needed too. Darn it. I knew I should have set up yesterday. "Um, just...give me a moment." He quickly grabbed another armful of textbooks and hurriedly put them on the shelves, trying not to appear too flustered.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Science. Terra wasn't a huge fan of it, but she figured it couldn't be too bad. Who knew, maybe they would start off with something like the rock cycle or something. That could be something Terra could get into, since she could move rocks and stuff. When she walked inside the classroom, there were only a few other people inside and she hurriedly took a seat before everyone started looking at her.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Hearing the teacher's gasp, she looked up, seeing his stumble before he regained his balance. She leaned forward, "are you alright?" She asked, worriedly. She then flinched, seeing Ariel and Jim next to her, putting a hand to her chest. "You scared me" she breathed out a chuckle before turning back, seeing that the teacher had gone back to quickly stacking the shelves. She looked over, seeing a newer student walking in. She smiled at the girl before turning back to look towards the front of the class.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Hawkins Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Jim slightly pouted in irritation as Ariel pulled him into the science room. He wasn't one for science. He was more of an art-y person. "Why are you of all people, wanting me to go to science? You hate science" he said glumly before she dragged him in. He sighed in defeat and sat down on the seat next to her, crossing his arms with a scowl and slouching down on his seat.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
activities

Back to top Go down

Post  Ariellia Von Claret Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Ariel shrugged her shoulders "cause it's fun to see you grumpy." she said rubbing her nose against his before quickly kissing him. Seeing him slouching in his head she reached in her bag and threw a blood bag at him "here a snack."
Ariellia Von Claret
Ariellia Von Claret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 pm

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm...fine," Tulio replied, giving a smile that seemed a bit more forced than one would usually look. "Just...didn't expect you guys to get here so early." He reached up on tip-toes and put a few more books into place. "Sorry the place is...a bit of a mess. I only got here yesterday." He glanced back at the girl and boy who seemed to be teasing each other. His heart gave a pang, remembering how he and Sara used to be the same. But he shook such thoughts out of his head. It had decades since her death. She was gone, and there was nothing he could do to change it. Of course, that didn't make her loss any easier to think about. Come on Tulio, stop thinking so negatively, he thought. The kids will pick up on it. You know they will. He sucked in a breath before turning towards the students, clapping his hands together.

"Alright, how about we get started? Hopefully, more people will show up. If not, well, they don't know what they're missing." He cleared his throat before continuing. "So, to start with, we're going to go over something I hope you all have seen before. If not...well, I'm sure you'll do fine all the same. We're going to start with..." He looked around for a moment. "Hold on, give me a moment," he mumbled before diving under his desk. There was the sound of muttering as objects were thrown aside: a pencil pouch, a tattered copy of The Hound of The Baskervilles, a blue binder. "Aha, here we go!" Tulio exclaimed triumphantly as he pulled up a poster. He managed to put it up on the board without making a total fool of himself. It turned out to be a poster of the Periodic Table. "Now, is there anyone who has not seen this before?" he asked, just wanting to be sure before he delved into the subject.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 pm

One of the girls in the classroom, the one with bright green eyes and long black hair, actually smiled at Terra. Terra ended up smiling back, appreciating the gesture. She still hadn't talked to that many people since getting here, but she was slowly settling in, despite the threat of the hunters. A couple nearby were too busy with each other to notice her, but Terra didn't mind. Their shenanigans were kind of cute to watch. But then the teacher called the class was order, so Terra's attention was drawn to the front of the room. He seemed a bit...nervous, for lack of a better word, like he was about to dart out the door at any second. I know that feeling, she thought.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Esmeralda tilted her head to the side, noticing Ariel and Jim teasing each other and all that cutesy stuff. She slightly grimaced and was about to make a sarcastic remark before the teacher called for the class's attention. Watching him dive underneath his desk, tossing books and other objects here and there, made her raise her eyebrows and lean forward curiously. What she then saw him pull out, made her lean back again. She knew what the Periodic table was. And she knew most of the elements. It was the trickier stuff; mixing elements, equations and atom particles that got her all confused. She glanced at the other students, wondering if anyone didn't know what the table was before averting her eyes back to the teacher, waiting for him to continue on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Hawkins Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Jim slightly wrinkled his nose when she rubbed hers against it before jerking his head away, not really in the mood for fluffy stuff. Once she threw the blood bag at him, he pushed it away, "I'm not hungry" he mumbled and glanced at the teacher once he asked the class about the periodic table.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
activities

Back to top Go down

Post  Ariellia Von Claret Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

'well isn't he more grumpier than ever.' she thought placing her hands under her chin as she looked back at the teacher confused by everything he was saying 'say what? But he is hot.' sighing with a small smile she tilt her head to the side but controlled herself making sure Jim wasn't looking.
Ariellia Von Claret
Ariellia Von Claret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Alidia ran down the halls. Normally she would skip class but she thought this class would be a blast to help her with the measurements for her potions. She walked in the classroom door and she saw everyone getting started. She spoke quietly as she walked to the teacher, "Sorry I am late. I'm Alidia Hendley."
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 pm

The class was pretty much silent, so Tulio assumed that they all knew what the heck he was talking about. "Alright, that saves me some time," he said. "The periodic table shows every chemical element, and by the end of this month, you all will have it memorized in your heads." He tapped his temple. "Now before you start whining and complaining, I assure you, it's not as complicated as you think. What we're going to do is take it by chunks, starting with this side." He gesture to the left side of the table. "All these elements have similar chemical properties to each other, so they're all grouped together in one section. But first, let's have some background. Does anybody know who invented the current version of the periodic table?" Before an answer could come though, a girl rushed in, sounding a bit out of breath when she spoke. "It's alright, we've just gotten started, take a seat anywhere," he said, gesturing the rows of seats in front of him.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Alidia looked around and feeling like a dummy for being late. She sat alone at the corner. And she was being quiet.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Hawkins Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Jim glanced at Ariel, seeing her daydreaming about something. He looked over at the teacher and shrugged his shoulders, having no clue to what he was talking about.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
activities

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Terra noticed the that girl sitting near her seemed to be a bit abashed at arriving late. Terra knew the feeling. It had happened to her quite a few times since coming to this school. "Hey, it's no big deal," she whispered, giving a friendly smile. "I've been late I don't know how many times."
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Alidia looked at the girl who was talking to her. She had blonde hair and pretty eyes. Alidia smiled "Thanks, I'm Alidia." She held out her hand for a handshake.
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Esme started fiddling with her bangle as soon as the teacher started asking questions that she didn't know the answers to. She looked up. Thinking she knew the answer, "didn't Dmitri Mendeleev invent it? I don't know who did the current version though..." she mumbled and lightly shrugged her shoulders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Tulio swallowed when nobody answered his question for a moment. Oh God, somebody say something! he silently prayed. Luckily, the first girl that had walked in mumbled something that was pretty much the right answer. "Actually, that's pretty much it," he said, smiling. "Dmitri Mendeleev was the guy who made the first widely recognized periodic table in 1869. Revisions have been made as new elements were discovered, but people have generally stuck with the same format. Now, let's delve into how exactly this works." He reached up to the very top and pointed at the box labeled with the letter H. "This is Hydrogen, which is pretty much the most basic element you can find. Can anyone tell me what the 1 above it stands for?"
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Alidia Hendly-Sahib Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Alidia rose her hand," it means it's atomic number is one and it's has one electron and it's a noble gas."
Alidia Hendly-Sahib
Alidia Hendly-Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

"Yes! Yes, perfect. Thank you," Tulio replied. Finally, it looked like someone was getting this. Then again, science was always a hard subject when it came to teenagers. You either understood it completely or were totally lost. "So, in addition to a periodic table showing you all the elements, it also shows you how many protons it has, which can be useful during any experiment. And trust me, we'll be doing plenty of those later on." Tulio just hoped there wouldn't be any major catastrophes during that time, like somebody losing an arm or the whole classroom exploding. "Just a curious question, but have any of you worked with lab equipment before? You know, goggles, beakers, test tubes, that sort of stuff?"
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Esmeralda leaned forward eagerly once he mentioned experiments. Experiments she could handle. Especially since that meant that there was the possibility that she might be able to use her witch craft. She leaned her elbow on the desk, with her cheek in the palm of her hand. She shook her head at his question, seeing that no one else had answered, "I know what they are, but I haven't used them before... I don't know about anyone else though" she replied.

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Terra remained quiet through most of the lesson, which was usually what she tended to do in these types of situations. Although it seemed like Alidia knew a bit about science. Maybe she could help Terra with any homework they had later on. She shrugged in answer to Tulio's question. "Just with stuff that normal human schools use," she replied. Her old school might have been very different from Blanditia Academy, but at least science was pretty much the same.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next