Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roomies (Tag: Hiccup)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roomies (Tag: Hiccup) Empty Roomies (Tag: Hiccup)

Post  Rahim Sahib Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 am

Rahim found his assigned dorm room. It would take a while for him to get settled, but he didn't mind. As things were, he was happy to be there.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Roomies (Tag: Hiccup) Empty Re: Roomies (Tag: Hiccup)

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Hiccup looked at all the rooms with a small frown thinking of making his mark back in Berk. All he was known for of course was screwing things up and that's probably all they will get to see if they keep him in this school. Shaking his head in disappointment, he glanced up noticing the room he was assigned too. "Here goes." He mumbled,thinking he was going to be alone. Once he opened the door, he stumbled back in surprise seeing a odd male. "W-what?" His eyes widened. Even though he knew this was a school for magical creatures, he wasn't used to being around this environment at all. "H-hey." He stuttered as he took a deep breath walking in the room. Noticing Rahim was settling in, he leaned against the wall and watched since he didn't bring anything with him except a journal and his pencil. He wasn't much of a talker either,so he just glanced around the room awkwardly.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Rahim looked up at the much younger boy that walked in. It looked like this kid was going to be his room mate. He was actually glad to see another male student in the school. Only after he set up some of his things did he give the boy his full attention.
"I assssume you and I are going to be room matesss here. My name is Rahim Sssahib. What'sss yoursss?" Rahim asked as he introduced himself.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

Hiccup continued to stand there awkwardly as he decided to look out the window while his roommate was finished packing. Once he spoke, he lifted his head and turned his attention back to Rahim. He wasn't used to being talked to unless someone was going to criticize him,but it looked like his roommate was more welcoming than he thought. He breathed a sigh of relief with a small smile "O-oh! I'm Hiccup." He said with a small nod "Yep...roommates." He mumbled as he raised his eyebrows wondering how it was going to be like to have one. "If you don't mind me asking...what-what are you?" He asked a bit hesitant since he was only used to seeing dragons and human back at home. And being here isn't the most fitting place since he is a human after all,but maybe things will change here.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 am

"Your quessstion is a valid one. I am a Muktar, a raccce of people that mossst consssider to no longer exissst. It doesssn't sssurprissse me that you don't know." Rahim answered.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 am

A face of confusion quickly washed over his face as he stared at Rahim. He coughed as his eyes widened "Wow, that's something." He raised his eyebrows still not sure of what a Muktar was in the first place. "I'm just a-" He sighed and shrugged "human..nothing special..as always." he mumbled the last part quietly to himself. "What are Muk...Muktars anyways?" He asked examining his appearance but still not sure if he had special abilities or not.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 am

Rahim was impressed by Hiccup. He was the first person he had met who seemed genuinely curious about him and his kind. And he had always thought you couldn't put a price on the pursuit of knowledge, so he wasn't about to disappoint him.
"Muktars are mossst well known in Arabic folklore. We are mossst famousss for hunting and exterminating geniesss, but we can track jussst about anything. However, if the target hasss magic, it gives usss a dissstinct advantage. We alssso are known for being good at fighting and possssessss greater ssspeed than normal humansss. I onccce chasssed an intended target down a mountain going sssixty-five miles an hour, and I was running alongssside him." Rahim explained, allowing himself a smile of pride at that feat.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 am

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows feeling pretty impressed on what a Muktar could do. He was basically great at many things. That made him feel inferior seeing Rahim was talented in many areas that were like back home. "That must be great." He mumbled looking down at his arms seeing them scrawny making him sigh. "Can that kind of stuff like...fighting..be taught to someone like me?" He asked hesitantly,not sure if he would be able to even fight someone to begin with. It was mostly the kind of stuff he wanted to avoid,but if he was a viking, it had to be somewhere in his blood..right?
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Rahim thought about it. Hiccup didn't look like a very athletic person, but then he didn't have room to talk. He was even lankier than the boy, and yet, he was pretty dangerous.
"That dependsss. Would you be willing to commit yourssself to learning how? Becaussse thisss will tessst your patienccce in more waysss than one." he warned the boy. It was best that he know right away what he was in for.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

Hiccup quickly hesitated and shook his head as his head dropped with a sigh. He couldn't even hurt a dragon, what makes him think he can hurt someone else in physical violence? "Never mind." He breathed out as he moved to sit on the bed that was on his side of the room. No one ever believed in him in the first place so why even bother? Besides, he was already stuck in a school that he will most likely stay in there for a long time. "I don't think I can handle it." He mumbled as he threw the rest of his body on the bed with a small groan.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

Rahim immediately noticed the change in the way Hiccup was carrying himself. He practically gave up before they could agree on starting. In that instant, he seemed to figure out what the boy's main problem was.
"You have very low ssself-esssteem, don't you? I think I will teach you how to defend yourssself, at leassst to give you confidenccce. But I will need you to dissscusssss where thisss all ssstartsss for me to help you." the Muktar insisted, sitting beside the boy.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Hiccup looked down at the floor before glancing up at Rahim when he spoke. He just shook his head as he continued to look down at the floor. "But I don't think I want to anymore....I just don't think I would be able to hurt..anyone." He mumbled knowing he never had the will to do so. He knew he had a low self esteem,but it wasn't like anyone accepted him for he really was. They always expected him to be a fighter,but in reality, he was just more of an inventor. The only real reason he was thinking of actually learning to fight was because it was expected of him as a viking. He breathed out slowly and nodded,just wanting to be accepted for once. "Back in Berk-" He stopped not wanting to talk about it since it wasn't like he knew Rahim for a long time. It felt weird giving information on his feeling to basically a stranger.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

"The way I sssee it, you are trying to be sssomething you are not. I would advise that you find what you enjoy mossst and make your mark with that. I've often noticcced that those who find sssuccessss in life do it the thingsss they love to do. Becaussse if your forcccing yourssself to like sssomething that you don't, you might as well forget it. If you want to find out where your ssspecialitiesss lie, ssstart with what you enjoy and go from there." Rahim advised the boy, sounding rather like a big brother.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Hiccup frowned and shook his head disagreeably. Acting like something he wasn't? The thought of it made his brow furrow. He was born as a Viking so why wasn't he acting like one? It was in his blood...so it had to be in there somewhere. Besides, he needed to get it out somehow. His thoughts kept going back and forth on what he was really. "I just want to be a Viking...I was born to be one." He mumbled and sat up. "Simple as that..." He shrugged. Maybe Rahim was right though. He sighed and looked out the window "Can we..not talk about this?" He asked hesitantly,not wanting to sound rude about it.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

"If that'sss what you want. I won't pressss the issue. But at leassst think about it." Rahim replied. He moved over to his own bed and sat with his legs crossed.
"Ssso, I guessss you're new here? I am too honessstly. I only arrived a few daysss ago." he said, attempting to change the subject.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Hiccup rubbed his forehead and hesitantly nodded "O-Ok.." He mumbled looking back down at the floor. "Uh-huh" He smiled before feeling a bit relieved when he said that he was also. "I arrived...today actually." He smirked as he rubbed that back of his neck "Not sure if I am planning on staying though." He sighed wanting to escape everything,but it was highly unlikely. It's not like he had anywhere else to go. "I doubt it...but it's the thought that counts..right?" He raised his eyebrows trying to look on the bright side for once.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm

"Yesss, it always is." Rahim said thoughtfully. He regarded Hiccup for a minute. If there was anything this boy needed, it was probably a friend.
"Hiccup, if you ever need sssomeone to be a friend to you, I am always willing to lisssten." he told him.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

"Friends?" He raised an eyebrow before he smiled a little at the thought. He never had any friends before since nobody wanted to hang out with the 'loser'. It wasn't always bad being alone since sometimes he felt better that way since he can focus more on making things. Still, it would be nice to have a friend for once. He nodded at Rahim "Thanks for the offer." He mumbled and ran a hand through his hair.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm

"It'sss a pleasure. I hope you can enjoy your ssstay here." Rahim told him. He liked the kid and hoped he could help him gain more confidence in himself.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am

Hiccup opened his mouth to say something before deciding against it. He shrugged not knowing what he was planning to do at this moment. It's not like he had much of a choice but to stay. He stood up and walked over to the nearest wall to lean over. "What brings you here anyways?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am

"I'm afraid I had a very isssolated upbringing. My mother was killed in a fire that was arssson. I ssstill remember the faccce of the man who took her from usss. My father tried to keep our family going, but sssadly, he passssed away a few yearsss later. A band of thievesss took care of me afterwardsss and I learned to sssurvive. But a life of thievery wasssn't for me and I thought I should learn more about the outssside world; as sssoon as I heard about thisss ssschool, I sssaw my chanccce." Rahim explained.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:27 am

Hiccup raised his eyebrows at his story of having to go through a lot of pain. "Woah." He breathed quietly with a small frown. "Sorry for your losses.." He mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "So, you actually wanted to come here?" He asked a bit surprised that someone would actually look forward to being basically locked up in a school which felt more like a prison,at least for him. "Is there anything about outside world you want to know in specific? I mean, being in a school is...containing you in one place....and since you want to know about the outside world...shouldn't you go on an 'adventure'?" He asked wondering what was so special about the school.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 am

"Yesss, I did want to come here. The way I sssee it, a ssschool is a placcce where you can find a number of culturesss mixing together. It ssseemed like a prudent decccision." Rahim confessed, casually shrugging his shoulders.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 am

"Ohhh...I see." He mumbled knowing this school was mixed of different individuals like a one big melting pot. "Have you already met some of the people coming here?" He asked not knowing what to expect. Although, he will probably end up just like at home. The one causing problems making him the 'lonely wolf'. Still, things can change...there is always a possibility like for one, he is actually talking to the students he confronted.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Rahim Sahib Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 am

"I've met about five people, including you. Four ssstudentsss and one teacher. Mossst of the people I've met are femalesss. You're the firssst boy I've gotten to know sssinccce I got here. Though I mussst sssay I didn't expect thisss much attention from girlsss." Rahim answered, honestly.

Rahim Sahib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next