Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragonborn Comes (Tag: Hiccup)

2 posters

Go down

The Dragonborn Comes (Tag: Hiccup) Empty The Dragonborn Comes (Tag: Hiccup)

Post  Belle Riptide Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Belle was in a nostalgic mood; especially when a battle would be soon to rescue little Jenny. What better way to express that attitude than through art? She grabbed a ream of rice parchment, enjoying the smooth feel through it. Grabbing her watercolors, Belle focused on what she wanted to paint. Her powers came in useful when working with watercolor; just one dabble and a wave of her hand and the painting began. Her mural was one of favorite images seen in a Gaul tavern; a migration of dragons in an orange and purple sky over a small firelit village. While painting, she sang a medieval bard tune that caught her ear.
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

The Dragonborn Comes (Tag: Hiccup) Empty Re: The Dragonborn Comes (Tag: Hiccup)

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am

Hiccup walked around the school as he wrote in his journal jotting down ways to get back home in Berk. He got irritated after a while and scribbled all over the page in frustration before shutting his journal with a roll of his eyes. He placed the journal in a compartment on the inside of his vest along with his pencil. Before realizing it, he was passing the art room. He stopped walking when he heard a low hum and raised an eyebrow. Opening the door a little, he peeked in noticing a girl painting dragons soaring through the sky with an amazing view of a village. The colors she chose made him gap a little at how much talent this girl had. As he peeked further, his hand slipped from the door handle causing him to quickly fall on the floor. "Ahh..sorry." He looked apologetically at her before quickly standing up and pointed to the hall. "I-I'll just be-" He nodded toward the door "Y-yea." He stuttered feeling unable to finish his sentence since he made a complete fool of himself. He accidentally dropped his pencil as he turned to head to the door and face-palmed as he picked it up. "Again..sorry." He mumbled,heading towards the door once again.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:29 am

The clank of the door made Belle stop. Upon the sudden stop, a blob of red paint went flying from her grasp, nearly hitting someone on the face. The student was someone she never met before. He was seventeen, about, in human years. A mop of auburn hair fell over his sea colored eyes. "No, the fault is mine," she gestured to the bolb on the door. "I should be more careful when using my powers to create art." Belle glided towards his dropped writing instrument, handing back. "Here. I think you dropped this."
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 pm

"Huh?" He raised an eyebrow when she said it was her fault. He followed her point seeing a blob of paint on the door. He shook his head knowing it was still his fault since he was the one who intruded on her painting in the first place. How could she have control when the loud bang of him falling distracted her? Just as he reached the door, he turned his head when she handed him his pencil. "Thanks." He crookedly smiled at her while he reached his pencil. Maybe staying wasn't so bad. She looked like an interesting person to be around and she hasn't judged him yet. He looked back at her painting "You know, those dragons you're painting remind me of the 'pests' I have back at home,dragons." He mumbled and walked over to her painting as he placed his pencil back in his vest.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Belle looked at the dragon painting. "You're from the Gaul region...I mean, up north...I mean..." She buried her face in her hand. "Forgive me. I'm still getting used to regions changing names. You'd think at eight thousand I'd know this by now." Belle rarely confessed her real age. She looked eighteen and acted eighteen...but really was much older. "But anyways, you say dragons are pests up there?"
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Hiccup raised an eyebrow when she asked if he was from the Gaul region before nodding with a small smirk when she buried her face in her hand. "That's nothing to ask for forgiveness for." He breathed a small chuckle before a look of confusion washed over his face when she mention being over eight thousand years old. "Wait, you're over..eigh..eight thousand years old?" He raised his eyebrows in shock before eyeing her curiously. "Looking good." He commented with a crooked smile. "Yea, that's how I was taught." He mumbled and examined the painting again. "Although...I think there is something more to them." He confessed. Still, he wants to be like he was born,a viking, which meant to attack one. "Why did you choose to paint them anyways?" He raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Belle lightly chuckled at his 'looking good' compliment. She hadn't heard that one before. It had a fun ring to it. "I take it you're the 'two-sides-to-every-story' kind," she asked, coming to join him. "I was just letting my mind go where it wanted. I was thinking of flying, and all of the sudden I've ended up painting dragons. When one doesn't get the feeling of being in the air, one just...can't help but dream about it, you know?"
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm

He nodded hesitantly "Yep. Although...back in Berk...every conversation felt very one-sided when it came to my dad mostly." He sighed as he crossed his arms looking back at the painting. He raised his eyebrows at her explanation. It would be nice to feel the air blowing through. "Well, dragons aren't the most graceful flying creatures...they eat all of the food people store to live by in the winter...and they attack people." He grimaced at the thought. "Which is why in this book back in Berk all about dragons....it tells to kill on sight or they will kill you." He continued to grimace at that thought not being able to do even that. "But you know....I did encounter this one dragon." He mumbled remembering that the black dragon actually spared his life. That dragon must be long by now..or so he thought.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 pm

"Berk?" Belle arched her eyebrow. "I can't say I've heard of that village." No recollections of stories up north talked about the area. Then again, Belle and her sisters never had heard any information. The farthest north they knew about was England. "They sound like the serpents of the Mediterranean. Your home is lucky to not have encountered those beasts."
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 pm

"Well, that's because no one really goes there. Most people would leave the second they step there,but not us...as in the vikings...we have stubbornness issue." He mumbled as he rubbed his chin. "Basically, it's a place no one goes to for a vacation." He rolled his eyes. When she talked about the serpents of the Mediterranean, he looked at her with a small confusion. "I've never heard of them...as a matter of fact...I haven't heard of a lot of things." He replied "I am only seventeen years of age." He chuckled and crossed his arms "I am Hiccup,by the way. And no...I am not making it up..that's my real name." He smirked.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 pm

'And from an area that clearly is uneducated due to the fear of their books being set on fire," Belle said lightly. She didn't understand Viking humor, but stopped herself from laughing in case what she said was an insult. Especially in case her acquaintance was sensitive. Rather than snicker at his rather silly name, Belle simply smiled. "Better than calling you 'Viking' for the rest of the year. I'm Belle."
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Hanndok Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

He slightly smirked and shrugged. Noticing she was acting surprisingly casual when he told her his name, he raised his eyebrows in surprise. He couldn't help but chuckle a little at her little remark. "Now that would be...strange." He smirked at the thought. "You can go ahead laugh...I'm used to it." He admitted. "And that's a nice name." He complimented as he looked into her eyes before quickly averting them down to the floor. "Um...so what brings you to this school?" He asked hesitantly not having a clue to what she was.
Hiccup Hanndok
Hiccup Hanndok

Back to top Go down

Post  Belle Riptide Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 am

"You want the sugarcoated version or the truth?" Belle asked simply. She always had a sugarcoated variation of her story in her back pocket in case people wanted to hear a lighter variation of 'captured by pirates'.
Belle Riptide
Belle Riptide
Co-Admins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down