Blanditia Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking For A Good Book (Tag Anyone)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking For A Good Book (Tag Anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking For A Good Book (Tag Anyone)

Post  Tulio Medina Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 pm

"Oh, sure." Tulio nodded. He was always happy to get recommendations from someone who loved books like he did.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Looking For A Good Book (Tag Anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking For A Good Book (Tag Anyone)

Post  Vlad Draculea Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 pm

"I wonder if you like Robert Frost. He had some fine writings. Or, if you're in the mood for something darker, Edgar Allan Poe is always a winner." Vlad said, leading the man along.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Tulio gave a little shrug. "I feel like I've been reading Edgar Allen Poe ever since I can remember," he replied. Especially when Tulio was feeling uber-depressed and he wanted something especially dark. "Robert Frost sounds interesting, though." Tulio had only read a few things by him, mainly his Fire and Ice poem.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

"I also think you might like Emily Dickenson. She was a...very interesting woman, but her poetry is rather moving." Vlad added as he started searching the shelves.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

"Oh, yeah, I've read some of her work before. It's kind of...beautiful and sad at the same time, if poetry can really be such things at once." While Emily Dickinson might be considered "girly" to some, Tulio found her poetry rather invigorating. Plus, it was the basis of quite a few classical songs, and Tulio always enjoyed a bit of that every once in a while.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Vlad had to agree with Tulio. He thought some of the best poems could make you feel a multitude of emotions. It was just then that he found a collection of Robert Frost's work.
"Aha! This is the one." he exclaimed as he started pulling the book off the shelf and handed it off to Tulio.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

"Sweet. Thanks." Tulio flipped through the book for a moment, spotting the familiar Fire and Ice poem among lots of others that he didn't know. It was sure to provide him with hours of entertainment. "Guess I should head to the front and pay for this," he said, gesturing to the counter near the entrance of the store. "Are you getting anything?" he asked curiously.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 am

"As a matter of fact, yes. I am looking for one of Victor Hugo's famous books. Perhaps you know it? It's called Les Miserables." Vlad answered, smiling.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Tulio thought for a moment before replying. "Oh, right. Haven't read that, actually. Just seen the musical a couple of times." It was on his list of things to read, of course. But Tulio did enjoy a musical once in a while and Les Miserables was one of his favorites.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

"I want to read this particular book because I find the animosity in the relationship between Jean Valjean and Inspector Javert fascinating. It's intriguing to see an officer dedicate himself to finding one specific convict. It reveals an obsessive man." Vlad commented.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Tulio gave a little laugh. "Their relationship is...interesting, to say the least." Tulio himself had always marveled at how Valjean was so willing to forgive Javert, despite the officer practically ruining his life on more than one occasion. Tulio wasn't sure if he could ever be that forgiving towards someone like that.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 am

"If you want, I could lend you the book after I'm finished reading it." Vlad offered, still searching the shelves for the book he wanted.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 pm

"Oh, sure. Thanks." Tulio actually smiled a little. It looked like he had made a new friend. Who knew he would make one so quickly? Usually, his social skills sucked. Or they were practically non-existent.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 am

"You are most welcome." Vlad replied. At last, he found what he was looking for. The title of the book he'd been seeking finally stood out to him.
"Aha! There you are." he exclaimed in relief. He picked it up off the shelf to be sure it was the right book. Indeed, it was what he came for.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Tulio gave a little grin. "Looks like we both found what we came for, eh?" Tulio had often seen the frustration on some people after going through countless bookstores and not finding a particular book they were looking for. He had gone through that himself many times over the decades.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

"It looks that way. By the way, Mr. Medina, would you mind at all if we could be friends? I'm not saying I don't have friends, I just don't have any...male friends. I enjoy female company as much as the next man, but even I would like to spend time with another guy that I can just talk with." Vlad inquired.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulio Medina Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Tulio gave a little laugh. "I guess we can do that. Male teachers are practically an extinct species these days anyway. I guess we should stick together while we can." Plus, Tulio felt a little bit more comfortable around guys. Women always made him more flustered than usual.
Tulio Medina
Tulio Medina

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad Draculea Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:55 pm

"It seems that way. I wouldn't mind spending more time with you in the future. You're fun to talk to." Vlad said with a smile.
Vlad Draculea
Vlad Draculea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2